www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: GNU-AGPL-3.0 license
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2012 12:37:04 GMT
Hi Christian!

As far as I've understood your situation this is similar to using MySQL via a JDBC driver
for unit testing, right?

If this is only an optional runtime dependency for running a test and all linked libraries
have licenses which are fine for us, then I see no problem.
Usually it's a good idea to only run this module conditionally, e.g. via a maven profile.
Otherwise you would force all users to have a MongoDB installation.

LieGrue,
strub

this instance? The component itself (camel-mongodb) only has a dependency to to the mongodb
java driver which is licensed under ASL 2.0.