www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Rosen" <lro...@rosenlaw.com>
Subject RE: use of LICENSE and NOTICE
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 17:31:06 GMT
Oliver,

Have you decided whether the LICENSE file or the NOTICE file (or neither)
will inform users and customers of Apache OpenOffice that, for the first
time, an Apache project will be distributing GPLv2 dictionaries?

Not that I object to that in the least! It is simply that some companies
foolishly call GPLv2 a "Prohibited License" and may have contractual or
policy obligations to avoid it.

/Larry