www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MPL 2.0
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:52:41 GMT
Or... if Benoit is the only contributor to that MPL'd project, then he
can simply re-release it under the ALv2.

(or if it is a team, then with the agreement of all contributors)

A dual license between MPL2/ALv2 is kinda silly. Since the ALv2 is
more permissive, then why bother putting MPL2 on there?

Cheers,
-g

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 13:05, Luis Villa <luis@tieguy.org> wrote:
> Hi, Benoit-
>
> It may be easier to start with Apache for the first project, since
> Apache could can be integrated easily into an MPL 2.0 codebase, rather
> than start with MPL and move it into an Apache codebase.
>
> That said, if for some reason you must start with MPL, the correct
> approach would likely be to dual-license under MPL+Apache. The
> Secondary License mechanism you are referring to is only for more
> restrictive licenses (GPL family), not more permissive licenses.
>
> Luis
>
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 3:40 AM, Benoit Chesneau <benoitc@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm acyually contributing to a project which need to be released under the MPL 2.0
. I would like to integrate it later in a project under APL 2.0 . What is the best way to
do it? Do I have to add the APL 2.0 as a secondary license for the first project? Or just
including the project is enough?