www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [commons-math] compatibility of licenses?
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 08:24:44 GMT
It seems that if the implementation is in Java, then it shares nothing with
the Python code, and (thus) would be independent of any license on that
Python code.

I'll also note that Python 2.6 intruduced a new 'triangle' function into
its 'random' module. Dunno if it is the same thing, but at least that comes
with a defined license (should that matter).

Cheers,
-g