www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net>
Subject Re: Clarify relation between GPL and Apache license
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 10:33:14 GMT
Markus,

could you please describe your compatibility definition?

That whole discussion, and ping pong among FSF and ASF about it, leads me to think that compatibility
should just not be mentioned.
The true questions would be, for example "Can I license my software under GPL if linking to
an ASF library?"

Or?

paul

Le 14 déc. 2011 à 11:28, Markus Stier a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> There are currently (at least) two places which address the compatibility between GPL
2.x and the Apache license 2.0.
> At  http://www.apache.org/foundation/license-faq.html#GPL, ASF states that both licenses
are compatible. This is misleading or even incorrect.
> According to http://www.apache.org/licenses/GPL-compatibility.html, the Apache 2.0 license
is only compatible to GPL >= 2.x if the GPLed