www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [IMP] Copyright tag for Apache License 2.0
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 21:01:28 GMT
On 12/19/11 14:08, Bhushan Pathak wrote:
> Hi,
> The Apache License version 1.1 has the following copyright text-
> Copyright (c) 2000 The Apache Software Foundation.  All rights
>  * reserved.

This is the collective copyright, and is now found in the NOTICE

> On similar lines, what is the copyright text for Apache License version
> 2.0. It is not mentioned in the license text on the Apache website -
> http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt
> I need this copyright text for licensing purpose.

Apache licenses[1] rights from its contributors who retain the copyright
in their work. Contributions are audited through our version control and
issue tracking systems, and a complete list of copyright holders is
available by interrogating these systems.

[1] http://www.apache.org/licenses/