www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Clarification on GPL in SVN
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 19:56:47 GMT
There is conflicting advice from Apache Members to the OOo podling
relating to GPL code in SVN. I'm therefore seeking an authoritative
answer from legal@

There are likely to be a number of specific cases but the one we are
currently looking at is build tools.

The specific question is: Can the OOo podling have tools such as dmake
which are GPL on Apache servers. The tool does not need to be
distributed with releases but is needed to build OOo.

More details about the scenario can be found in
http://markmail.org/thread/dux725iflho6icsr#query:+page:1+mid:quz3abjjntuzjlaz+state:results

This question was about use of GPL tools however. I'm specifically
asking about hosting of GPL code on Apache servers.

Thanks
Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)