www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Clarification on GPL in SVN
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 14:00:36 GMT
On 11/9/11 2:38 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> 2011/11/9 Jürgen Schmidt<jogischmidt@googlemail.com>:
>>
>> The long term goal is anyway to replace it with gnu make as i mentioned
>> earlier. But this can't be achieved short term.
>
> Care to expand on what you mean by "long term goal"?  Is this
> something that is intended to be resolved before graduation?

this is a good question and not easy to answer because we have so many
other things to do. And for me it seems to be a minor issue because it
will be never be part of any release.

It is still a lot of work and still some open questions that have to be
resolved as well. One problem is that the developers working on this are
not longer available or don't have the time to work on it anymore.

I think we really try hard to do the IP clearance with the volunteers we
have so far.

Juergen