www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Is there a legal 'pmc'? ...
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 21:55:24 GMT
On 11/1/2011 4:33 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:

>>> Short answer: no.  I will once again refer you to the following:
>>>
>>> http://www.apache.org/legal/ramblings.html
>>
>> I read it, and I don't see how it bears on the question I am trying to
>> post and answer: "How should a community member approach legal affairs
>> with a question about a license?" It certainly explains that the
>> answer is not necessarily straightforward or easy to arrive at. Please
>> illuminate me.
>
> I guess I miss parsed your question.  I thought you were asking for a
> schema which described how licenses are to be categorized.  Instead
> you were asking for a schema as to how to ask such questions.
>
> JIRA is an appropriate place to ask questions of the form you describe
> above.  I agree that that that is a frequently asked question.

Under a.o/legal can we identify the five most common questions from
project participants and five most common questions from the general public
(users)... with directions (including "We can't answer such questions") for
how to proceed with/whom to contact for asking their specific question?

I think that's where Benson was going with this thread.