www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Public list of signed CCLAs?
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 01:14:49 GMT
On 10/3/2011 3:34 PM, Isabel Drost wrote:
> On 30.09.2011 Benson Margulies wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 4:38 PM, William A. Rowe Jr.
>>
>> <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>  wrote:
>>> http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM/matters/matters-9004.html
>>
>> Well, my view is that our relationship with employers of current
>> active committers, including any govt agencies, is more important than
>> our relationship with some company which may or may not sign the CCLA
>> and have participants. So I'd counsel against any disclosure without
>> consultation.
>
> Maybe an Apache hosted public but opt-in-only list (or even just a wiki page
> containing pointers to pages like the one mentioned by Ted) might be a viable
> compromise - after all it might prove useful for companies to appear there e.g.
> for recruiting purposes?

+1 if anyone wants to politely ask for an opt-in list to factually
recognize corporations with current committers who have signed CCLAs.

-1 to publishing the whole list; many companies are probably not
expecting it to be published.

+1 to Sam's point that we don't modify the CCLA when people request it.
  (Not to say we might not ever modify it for our own purposes.)

- Shane