www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Paul Fremantle <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Use of Apache trademarks in Open Source code
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 08:30:53 GMT
I have a quick question. What is Apache's policy regarding the use of
Apache Trademarks in Open Source code. We have an Open Source project
released under the Apache License that wraps a number of Apache
projects. Our common naming scheme is to use naming conventions such
as org.wso2.xxx.xxx.Foo where Foo is the name of the project we are
linking too, when we create "bridge" code. Is this an abuse of Apache
Trademarks? Is there some way we should be referencing these in code?
Obviously we want our code to be clear and also to properly represent
the fact that we are reliant on and thankful to the Apache Foundation.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2