www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Export classification details for Apache products.
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:36:48 GMT

On Sep 12, 2011, at 2:28 PM, Sherban Olario wrote:

> Good afternoon,
>
> I am enquiring about export classification details for Apache products.
>
> Your web site http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/ lists
>         Apache Geronimo Project
>                 Apache Geronimo development 5D002 ASF
>                                 1.0 and later 5D002 ASF
>
>         and
>
>         Apache Web Services Project
>                 Apache WSS4J development 5D002 ASF, Bouncy Castle, Bouncy Castle, Apache
Santuario
>                                 1.0 and later 5D002 ASF, Bouncy Castle, Bouncy Castle,
Apache Santuario
>                                 Apache Rampart/Java development 5D002 ASF, Bouncy Castle,
Bouncy Castle, Apache Santuario
>                                 1.1 and later 5D002 ASF, Bouncy Castle, Bouncy Castle,
Apache Santuario
>                                 Apache Rampart/C development 5D002 ASF, The OpenSSL Project

>                                 0.09 and later 5D002 ASF, The OpenSSL Project
>                                 Apache Synapse 1.0, 1.1, 1.1.1, 1.2, 2.0.0 5D002 ASF,
Bouncy Castle, Bouncy Castle, Bouncy Castle, Bouncy Castle, Apache
         Santuario

> but it does not specifically mention these sub-parts:
>
>         a)        Apache Geronimo CommonJ Spec 1.1
>         b)        Apache Geronimo JMS Spec 1.1

Agreed with Robert that you should be checking with the individual projects. In terms of these
two Geronimo Spec jars -- they are not included in the export list for the Geronimo project.
IMO, this is correct.

--kevan