www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Michael Stahl <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: [legal] ICLA paragraph 7
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 21:06:20 GMT
On 12.08.2011 20:37, Lawrence Rosen wrote:
> Michael Stahl wrote:
>> context:
>> a volunteer who is currently working in GSoC over at LibreOffice (who
>> has not signed an Apache ICLA) has given me permission to contribute a
>> bunch of makefiles that he wrote, with no licensing restriction.
>
> Is this volunteer reluctant to sign an ICLA of his own? If so, what are we
> doing to reassure him that an ICLA isn't too painful an operation, and he'll
> be left intact and with all his intellectual property safe?

actually i haven't asked him yet :)

but i have certainly heard complaints about the perceived bureaucratic
overhead from some people in that community, and also due to historic
reasons in the OpenOffice.org project any required legal paperwork is a
bit suspect to some, so i would be interested in an answer to the
general question in any case, to better understand the Apache procedures.

regards,
  michael