www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding dual licensing and the CPL
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 17:59:30 GMT
That's not what 'dual licensing' means at all. Dual licensing happens
when the original copyright owner licenses under two (or more)
licenses. The case in which you take a work under licence L1 and make
a derived work, and announce that you are only licensing your
modifications under L2, isn't a dual license. I think the technical
term is a train wreck.

If the original author licensed only CPL, and will not execute a grant
to the Foundation, then you need to either use that code as a binary
dependency from elsewhere or write your own.