www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject License Question regarding codegrant
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 08:09:09 GMT
hey folks,

The Lucene PMC Currently works on a code grant for Kuromoji a new
Japanese morphological analyzer [1]. The Javacode is donated by
Christian Moen (cc) and Masaru Hasegawa as being the solely developers
so codewise this is an non-issue. Yet, the package they are donating
contains several dictionary files which are distributed under a
different license. The license is available either in the tar.gz file
attached to the issue [1] or here [2]. We now need to figure out if
this license is compatible or if not how we can proceed here. Once
option is doing the code grant anyway and don't include the dictionary
files in the code grant and solve the license question later but I am
not sure if that is the right way to go.

Thanks,

simon

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3305
[2] http://www.calculate-linux.org/packages/licenses/ipadic