www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: License Question regarding codegrant
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 16:07:22 GMT
The license at http://www.calculate-linux.org/packages/licenses/ipadic
appears to be consistent with the Apache license. I'd categorize it as
A. That is, it can be distributed bundled with an Apache distribution
with its license intact.

To finalize this, I'd suggest filing a new LEGAL JIRA for this license.

I've blind copied private@lucene to avoid mixing posts to public and
private lists.

Craig

On Aug 10, 2011, at 1:09 AM, Simon Willnauer wrote:

> hey folks,
>
> The Lucene PMC Currently works on a code grant for Kuromoji a new
> Japanese morphological analyzer [1]. The Javacode is donated by
> Christian Moen (cc) and Masaru Hasegawa as being the solely developers
> so codewise this is an non-issue. Yet, the package they are donating
> contains several dictionary files which are distributed under a
> different license. The license is available either in the tar.gz file
> attached to the issue [1] or here [2]. We now need to figure out if
> this license is compatible or if not how we can proceed here. Once
> option is doing the code grant anyway and don't include the dictionary
> files in the code grant and solve the license question later but I am
> not sure if that is the right way to go.
>
> Thanks,
>
> simon
>

> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3305
> [2] http://www.calculate-linux.org/packages/licenses/ipadic