www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question on Category-A licenses, specifically CC-A
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 13:39:04 GMT
On 08/03/11 13:27, Rob Weir wrote:
> Category-A compatible licenses [1] as listed includes an entry labeled
> "Creative Commons Attribution (CC-A)".  This links to a CC-BY 2.5
> license page [2].
>
> We have a potential contribution of user guides for the OpenOffice
> Podling that is dual licensed under GPL and CC-BY 3.0.
>
> How should we proceed?  Is the inclusion of "Creative Commons
> Attribution (CC-A)" on the category-A list intended to be version
> limited?

Versions of the same license sometimes differ enough to effect
compatibility. So, the list is version specific.

> If so, can we get CC-BY 3.0 reviewed and added to the
> approved list?

AIUI (hopefully people will jump in to correct any mistakes) post to
this list

I've created a JIRA [1] (for tracking)

It seems pretty clearly a Category A license to me

IIRC we're using lazy consensus ATM so unless anyone jumps in with an
objection with the next few days I'll dive in and patch the site...

Robert

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-96