www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Rosen" <lro...@rosenlaw.com>
Subject RE: [legal] ICLA paragraph 7
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2011 01:00:16 GMT
> Benson Margulies wrote:
> > At oo, everyone had to sign away their firstborn to Sun, but a mere
> > license grant raises hackles about red tape? Sigh.

Andy Brown responded:
> Sad but true.  You should have seen some of the messages post in the
> LibreOffice list back when they were invited to join Apache.

I don't know which Apache list to refer this to, but I'm left curious. What were the concerns?

We want to make the Apache Software Foundation an easy place to contribute. Bureaucracy and
bottlenecks are not our goals. If that is a perception out in the wild, we ought to understand
it and correct it.

OTOH, if this is just an example of the usual grumbling and mumbling among zealots, we can
probably ignore it.

/Larry