www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [legal] ICLA paragraph 7
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2011 13:05:13 GMT
is there really no JIRA or bz @apache yet?

On Aug 13, 2011, at 8:59 AM, "Dennis E. Hamilton"
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:

> Michael,
>
> I don't think you should be removing any copyright notices.  Maybe the author can do
that, but it depends on what the files are derived from and whether they are *solely* that
author's original work.  [There is some guidance here, although it is easy to wonder if one
is sitting on an edge case: <http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html>.]

> What other provisions are stated on the files in addition to the copyright notice?  Is
there a license statement of any kind?

> [It may be inappropriate for TDF to remove those copyright notices too, but that's not
something we need to address here.]

> - Dennis
>
> PS: to legal-discuss@ - I was the one who requested that Michael's questions come here.
 We are a new podling and we are not practiced in the kind of diligence that applies on this
matter.  For example, I doubt that any of us would have thought to ask the questions that
have been raised here, plus the new questions the answers attract.