www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: IP Clearance
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 19:25:44 GMT
Most likely no one has asked simply because everyone knows the answer.  Sonatype is in the
process of donating the code to the Eclipse foundation. Jason has stated that he won't change
the license back to include the Apache license and he previously stated that he wouldn't contribute
it to the ASF as he doesn't like working here. However, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to have
John ask Wayne.

Ralph

On Jul 28, 2011, at 12:10 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
>> ok, that's a strong argument.
>> But then we should also stop using the dependency at all isn't?
>>
>> Without being able to maintain this sources we cannot guarantee the maintenance of
Apache Maven.