www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net>
Subject Re: european's Apache foundation?
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 19:15:37 GMT
Mmh,

the foundation itself is one and an acknowledged body. That is true.

My idea was to make the ASF a partner of an EU project. It would have meant being able to
pay dedicated community members for the project's work. Surely that work can be done in another
institution's name. And maybe it would have meant some administrativia.

It may be the word "representative" is not good... sorry for it.

paul

Le 4 juil. 2011 à 21:04, Benson Margulies a écrit :
> There's no 'representative' of the Foundation *anywhere*. Why should there be?
>
> On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Paul Libbrecht <paul@hoplahup.net> wrote:
>> In an EU project we're currently planning, the ASF seems to be a serious partner
but I seem to realize that there's no "branch" or "representative" of the foundation in Europe.