www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IP Clearance
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 21:42:19 GMT
I think that situation might be precisely why a grant is required.
I've seen tons of code outside Apache where someone intended to use
the appendix at the bottom of
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0, but used the ASF notice
instead. The author can claim that this was a mistake unless we have a
grant from them.

In any case, by the time you get to version 1.0, you have the
'copyright sonatype' version. So, if you are right, it's only an old
and pre-useful version which is 'contributed', and all useful version,
are otherwise.