www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Gilles Scokart <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Section 4.2, and patch build workflows
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 07:32:26 GMT
I was thinking the NOTICE file should be kept small, like something
that could be showed in a "About" popup.

Also, putting all the external contributions into a the NOTICE file is
something much stronger than putting it in the source file.  Indeed
AL2 imposes to keep the NOTICE file in any redistribution (not the
source file).

[1] is an interresting thread that illustrates the usage of the NOTICE file.

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/xdywc5lhrmlwxexi

Gilles Scokart