www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: IP Clearance
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 19:47:10 GMT
On Jul 28, 2011, at 11:57 AM, Mark Struberg wrote:

> ok, that's a strong argument.
> But then we should also stop using the dependency at all isn't?

use != maintain.

> Without being able to maintain this sources we cannot guarantee the maintenance of Apache
Maven.

Then build something else that you can maintain.

> There is still the option to fork it over at apache-extras where we can maintain it ourselfs
though.

No, there isn't.  If the Maven project had not deliberately ignored an
order by the board regarding use of our own version control system, it
would not have been in this position today.  We have no control over the
policies applied to software in apache-extras.  We will not allow external
repositories to be used as an end-run around our policies.  We will not
tolerate any further deviances in this regard from Maven.  Do it right
or don't do it at all.

....Roy