www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From florent andré <florent.andre-...@4sengines.com>
Subject Legality of ooo-archive apache git repository
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 20:58:50 GMT
Hi,

This question come from a discussion about OpenOffice.org code migration
(ooo-dev thread "single repository status").

For giving you context, the actual simpler scenario we have for
importing code is :
- only import HG trunk code in our svn (with more or less history) [1]
- create an apache git read-only repository with all the oracle's hg
code, for keeping all the history stuff.

So with this scenario, we will have :
- a clean (SGA and IP) svn trunk
- an ooo-archive git with all the original stuff from Oracle

Question around this idea is (Quoting Rob Weir) :
" it would be from the IP perspective.  This is more than
getting an updated SGA from Oracle. It is also about incompatible
licensed code.  We can only carry that in our SVN repository
temporarily, until we graduate.  So having it exist long-term in a
read-only git archive is something we'd want to understand better."

Your insights will be really helpful here as it's more than a month ago
from incubation now, an the option here seems the best compromise we had
for now.

++

[1] after this first import we gradually import other stuff from hg or
git with classical branching / merging.