www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: IP Clearance
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 18:42:15 GMT
The summary isn't quite accurate. The functionality was originally part of Maven version 2.
 The code in question was essentially a new code base to reimplement part of the core functionality.
Maven itself was then modified to use the new APIs provided by this component.  While the
code was almost entirely developed by someone with an ICLA on file at the ASF it was never
committed here.  The code was originally licensed under the Apache license then was changed
to EPL then Apache/EPL and most recently back to EPL. The code is all covered under Sonatype's
CLA so I wouldn't say the provenance is unknown. The code that would be used is at [1].

We aren't asking to "add an Apache License header". The code already has it.  If this code
is forked it would be from the last revision that was licensed under the Apache/EPL license.

Ralph

[1] https://github.com/stephenc/sonatype-aether