www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: european's Apache foundation?
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 19:38:02 GMT
The ASF does not fund development work, so there'd be no basis for them
to receive money from the EU even if they did have a European wing.
However, there's plenty of ASF oriented companies who could work with
the EU to develop code that is hosted at Apache.

I'd be curious to hear (private or public) what the project is. My own
employer, for example, might be interested.

Upayavira

On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 21:15 +0200, "Paul Libbrecht" <paul@hoplahup.net>
wrote:
> Mmh,
>
> the foundation itself is one and an acknowledged body. That is true.
>
> My idea was to make the ASF a partner of an EU project. It would have
> meant being able to pay dedicated community members for the project's
> work. Surely that work can be done in another institution's name. And
> maybe it would have meant some administrativia.
>
> It may be the word "representative" is not good... sorry for it.
>
> paul
>

> Le 4 juil. 2011 à 21:04, Benson Margulies a écrit :
> > There's no 'representative' of the Foundation *anywhere*. Why should there be?
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Paul Libbrecht <paul@hoplahup.net> wrote:
> >> In an EU project we're currently planning, the ASF seems to be a serious partner
but I seem to realize that there's no "branch" or "representative" of the foundation in Europe.