www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Rosen" <lro...@rosenlaw.com>
Subject RE: IP Clearance
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 18:16:49 GMT
I don't want to express anything but my personal view on this list. So here
goes:

I have long argued in public that a license like AL2 is as good as a CLA for
specific code. What a CLA can additionally accomplish, however, is that it
can express an on-going commitment to contribute future code under certain
terms even when there is no express license associated with the
later-developed code.

I'm not convinced that these distinctions are entirely clear in ASF
procedures, but I'm still learning.

/Larry