www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Travel/Medical Insurance for TAC Attendees
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 17:47:49 GMT
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 13:41, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen@rosenlaw.com> wrote:
> Melissa and the TAC:
>

> I'm surprised to hear that we offer travel/medical insurance as part of our
> TAC reimbursement. I've done lots of traveling at other companies' expense
> in recent years. Never has anyone offered to pay for travel or medical
> insurance for me and I've never thought to demand it.
>

> Are we worried that we will be liable if there is a plane crash on the way
> to ApacheCon?

That was the original concern, yes. Or even something more mundane:
what if a TAC grantee breaks their leg while traveling to a conference
on *our* dime. Does that make us liable? The Board was uneasy, so
wanted to have some kind of disclaimer of liability and/or insurance.

Your input would be quite valuable here.

Thanks,
-g