www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Foundations of Jini 2 Programming
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 12:28:59 GMT
Note that the original content appears to be under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0,
which is not strictly compatible with the Apache license, mostly because
it's SA = share alike, and it's also NC = non-commercial - both things
that the Apache license does not do.

The specific FAQ for allowable licenses in Apache products is:
   http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a

In general, we want to ensure that documentation is also covered by a
"Category A" license, since often we'd want to be able to disseminate
documentation with our software products.

I'm presuming this is the actual original content we're talking about,
correct?
   http://jan.newmarch.name/java/jini/tutorial/Jini.html

Is the author willing to change the CC license to be just CC-A?

- Shane