www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Rosen" <lro...@rosenlaw.com>
Subject RE: Apache Policy for OASIS RF ON RAND terms
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 17:21:37 GMT
Paul,

I'm not aware of an Apache position, but I've stated my position publicly.
There was a big brouhaha several years ago about the OASIS RF RAND policy. I
was against it. I did a Google search on "Rosen OASIS RAND" and this was the
first article I found:

http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/42956

You'll see that other open source folks also spoke out. I also found some
old ASF email in my Google search.

Hope this helps.

/Larry