www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Alex <ary...@iname.com>
Subject Apache V2 license interpretation
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 14:20:48 GMT
The company I am currently working for has prohibitively strict rules of certifying third party
software libraries used in their applications. Yet, they don't mind large chunks of "custom"
code in their packages.

The question they asked in the past was whether license at the top of source files provided
under Apache v2 license can be removed(don't ask me why) if they only use software in their
application. If I read the license correctly, the answer is "yes, they can"(since they don't
redistribute the code or derived work further). Do I read this correctly?

View raw message