www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: OGNL proposal
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2011 08:23:23 GMT
>From reading the proposal, the project was created by an individual at
OpenSymphony. It was then forked, first to ognl.org and then to github.

The question is who owns the trademark - OpenSymphony or Drew Davidson?
The fact that it originated at OpenSymphony suggests they own it, but
the fact that was forked some time ago, suggests that OpenSymphony have
let go of any claim on the name. When did the fork away from
OpenSymphony happen?

My gut says you'll be fine using it, but it would help to know the date
that initial fork happened.

Upayavira