www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net>
Subject Re: Patented Apache Module
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 10:29:52 GMT

Why would the Apache license cover code that you incorporate?
It does not.

I believe there are many Apache modules that are not under the Apache Public license out there.

paul

Le 1 mars 2011 à 11:17, vallabh p a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I'm contemplating implementing a feature into the Apache web server by extending it with
an Apache module. I intend to patent the functionality implemented by the module. Is patented
code allowed inside the web server? If yes, then what is the procedure? The Apache license
is not clear on how to incorporate patented code.