www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Patented Apache Module
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 12:55:52 GMT
The Apache license that you find on code written at Apache projects
does not prevent you from doing anything with code you write yourself.
A module is not a derived work of any Apache work, so it is all yours
to do whatever you like with.

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Paul Libbrecht <paul@hoplahup.net> wrote:
> It does mean it to me.
> But it's better if a few more voices say the same on this public list.
>
> paul
>
> Le 1 mars 2011 à 12:00, vallabh p a écrit :
>
>> Thanks, Paul. Just to clarify, does that mean an Apache module may be developed and
deployed under a proprietary license? I suppose a commercially licensed module will not be
included within the official distribution.