www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Anja Maier <rechtsanwaltskanzlei.ma...@googlemail.com>
Subject Fwd: use a 3rd party component licensed under Apache 2.0 in an app for the apple store
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 21:06:04 GMT
 Hi,

in case I use a 3rd party component licensed under Apache 2.0 in an app for
the apple store what license conditions do I have to add to the app?

The app would consist of parts of the apche licensed product and part of a
proprietary product, but as I consider not a "derived work".

The end-users won´t receive any source code, but will be able to download
the Apache licensed product as part of the app, so this means as a part of
the compiled sources resulting in an executable program.

2 slight adjustments would be made to the source code.

Your short term answer would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Anja Maier