www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net>
Subject Re: use a 3rd party component licensed under Apache 2.0 in an app for the apple store
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 22:43:07 GMT
Anja,

(all my own opinion... and I'm not a lawyer by far!)

No "derived work" business down here... welcome!

I believe the only requirement is to make a note in the "about the application" that the given
products of the apache software foundation are included.

paul

Le 18 mars 2011 à 22:06, Anja Maier a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> in case I use a 3rd party component licensed under Apache 2.0 in an app for the apple
store what license conditions do I have to add to the app?

> The app would consist of parts of the apche licensed product and part of a proprietary
product, but as I consider not a "derived work".

> The end-users won´t receive any source code, but will be able to download the Apache
licensed product as part of the app, so this means as a part of the compiled sources resulting
in an executable program.