www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <ross.gard...@oucs.ox.ac.uk>
Subject Advice on how to address an objection to our CCLA
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 13:08:58 GMT
An employer of a potential committer feels unable to sign the CCLA. I'm
wondering how best to address this with their legal department.

Their issue is with Section 5:

"You represent that each of Your Contributions is Your original creation
(see section 7 for submissions on behalf of others)."

The concern is that the employer does not feel able to make this
assertion. They feel that they would have to establish and enact
procedures to carry out their own due diligence before being able to do so.

Any suggestions about how I might alleviate their concerns?

The employer is willing to allow their employee to sign the ICLA and
contribute without a CCLA. Assuming the employer owns copyright I
believe this is not possible, is that correct?

Ross

--
ross.gardler@oucs.ox.ac.uk
@rgardler