www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "C. Bergström" <codest...@osunix.org>
Subject Re: Patented Apache Module
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 10:33:30 GMT
vallabh p wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm contemplating implementing a feature into the Apache web server by extending it with
an Apache module. I intend to patent the functionality implemented by the module. Is patented
code allowed inside the web server? If yes, then what is the procedure? The Apache license
is not clear on how to incorporate patented code.

#1 IMHO - software patents are generally stupid (ok I concede they may
be useful sometimes like if used defensively)
#2 I'm not a lawyer and most important I suspect nobody on this list is
*your* lawyer.  With that you should probably go ask your patent attorney.