www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <nor...@apache.org>
Subject Include patch from "annonymous" contributer which was submitted by someone else
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 12:11:37 GMT
Hi legal-team,

I would like to ask you for some advice. The JAMES project received a
contribution yesterday from someone which state that the code is not
from him but from someone else who wants to be anonymous.

See here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMAP-250

In fact I know the submitter of the patch and the "original" author of
it. The original author don't want stay annonymous because of some
personal interests. So the main question is are we allowed to commit
such contributions to the apache svn or not?

Thanks,
Norman

JAMES PMC Chair.