www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: icla for bulk import at the incubator
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 12:45:18 GMT

> Short answer: if all of the copyright holders are individuals, then
> ICLAs are sufficient

Thanks

> Longer answer:
>
> First, encourage the contributors to actually read the ICLA before
> they sign it.  In particular, paragraph 4.
>
> Second, the concurrent software grant at the bottom of the CCLA is optional.

Yes, but isn't it required if there's some actual code in  flight.

> More information:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#submit-cla
> http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html

Sam,

I have been editing these to try to clarify the language, and I sent
this message because I came down with the willies as to whether I
understood what they should say. I'd be grateful if you'd look over
them and see if you approve my edits.

--benson