www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Stage a Maven Repository with Signed Artifacts to qualify a Release Vote
Date Fri, 24 Dec 2010 16:43:57 GMT

On Dec 24, 2010, at 7:31 AM, Senaka Fernando wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Normally, it has been a practice to sign release artifacts (binary, source, and documentation
downloads), to qualify a release vote. But however, we have not been staging maven repositories
(this only applies to projects that use a Maven-based build system) with signed artifacts
in order to qualify a release vote in the past. So far, we only sign the artifacts on the
public maven repositories when those are deployed.

> But, has this practice changed over time, along with the recent changes to the release
process?

> Thanks,
> Senaka.

I'm not sure why this is on legal discuss, but I believe the release plugin signs the artifacts
as it deploys them to the ASF staging repository.

Ralph