www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject how to apply trademark symbols to Apache Subversion
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:56:23 GMT
Hi Legal peeps,

The Subversion community updated the website to conform to the new
guidelines, but we have a question on how to apply the appropriate
trademark symbols. The guideline says to put a (tm) at the end of the
first use of "Apache Subversion", however, "Subversion" (alone) is a
*registered* trademark. Should we just put an (r) after the first use
of Subversion and leave it at that? And if that first use is "Apache
Subversion(r)", would that still be fine? Maybe we should put an (r)
after the first "Apache Subversion" and the first "Subversion" to
clarify what is registered?

Thanks,
-g