www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes <sijs...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fair-use data in svn
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2010 17:13:24 GMT
On 11/07/2010 04:21 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Joe Schaefer<joe_schaefer@yahoo.com>  wrote:
>> The SpamAsssassin stuff lives in a virtual host provided
>> by Apache.  That is how I would go about acquiring the
>> copyrighted content without redistributing it to anyone
>> other than those with an account on the virtual host.

IANAL, but to me email looks like a different case than copied webpages.
An email is sent to a recipient. The recipient can store the email but
not redistribute without license. Emails are also copyright protected.

Did you already check the fair use criteria for your project and argued
your case how you think they could mitigate copyright infringment claims
of your project to Lawrence?

Gr. Sim