www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: Question about Maven IDLJ plugin
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 01:35:13 GMT
On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 9:04 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
<chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> Thanks Guys.
>
> So, I’m confused — is the license used by Jacorb the LGPL or GPL?

Short answer: LGPL.  Longer answer: the obsolete precursor to the current LGPL.

> Either way my question is with the Maven IDLJ plugin, which is ASLv2
> licensed [1], and which can be configured to use either jacorb or idlj. My
> question is, if I explicitly put “jacorb” as the compiler used in the IDLJ
> Maven2 plugin execution, as we’ve done here [2] in the OODT project (and as
> specified as an option here [3] in the IDLJ Maven2 plugin), am I still OK
> w.r.t Apache legal guidelines?

A few questions:

1) Is OODT planning on distributing the Maven IDLJ plugin itself?

2) Am I correct in reading the POM in stating that jacorb is required
to build OODT?

3) I presume that IDL compilers produce a number of output files given
one or more input files.  What licenses are those output files under?

> Cheers,
> Chris
>
> [1] http://mojo.codehaus.org/idlj-maven-plugin/license.html
> [2] http://s.apache.org/hj