www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: internalizing third-party deps
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:20:14 GMT
On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 4:13 AM, Andrus Adamchik <aadamchik@apache.org> wrote:
> Finally got around to work on pulling this third-party library in our code. So added
the Apache license header to the source files. Now trying to figure out what to do with the
original license / copyright notice. What is our approach to that? Just strip them off the
source files on the premise that they are mentioned in the common NOTICE/LICENSE?

> This is what Apache license header seems to imply: "See the NOTICE file distributed with
this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership."

> Still wanted to doublecheck.

Does this help?

http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#faq-moveothercopyright

> Thanks,