www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about Apache License 2.0
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 05:17:30 GMT
Copying relevant text:

"If You institute patent litigation against any entity (including a
cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that the Work or a
Contribution incorporated within the Work constitutes direct or
contributory patent infringement, then any patent licenses granted to
You under this License for that Work shall terminate as of the date
such litigation is filed. "

Namely, the termination is of the patent licenses granted to Tom for ABC.

Mozilla Public License, iiuc, goes further and removes the license to
use ABC. I'm not aware of other licenses that go that far (well, apart
presumably from CDDL which is an MPL derivative).

Hen