www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Andy Zhu <zhuru...@huawei.com>
Subject Re: Question about Apache License 2.0
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 06:11:03 GMT
Thanks a lot, Hen.

Relevant text:
"Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, each Contributor
hereby grants to You a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge,
royalty-free, irrevocable (except as stated in this section) patent
license to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell, import, and
otherwise transfer the Work, where such license applies only to those
patent claims licensable by such Contributor that are necessarily
infringed by their Contribution(s) alone or by combination of their
Contribution(s) with the Work to which such Contribution(s) was submitted."

It means Tom needs the patent licenses to use ABC, right?
Otherwise, what is the point of termination of the patent licenses?

-- Andy

Henri Yandell :