www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [LEGAL-67] Who We Are, Legal Affairs
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2010 07:31:04 GMT

On Mar 5, 2010, at 5:18 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 1:07 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> 1. I don't like the metaphor about the hats.
>
> +0
>
>> 2. I think it would be good to have a list of legal committee members, but only so
that one can distinguish "official" responses on legal-discuss from people like me who express
their opinion but aren't speaking on behalf of the committee. Unfortunately, this often results
in people waiting for Sam to provide an "official" response.

> The list isn't public, but is present here:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/committee-info.txt
>
> I think you are overstating my role a bit.  I mostly try to stay out
> of conversations like this one, and let the group come to consensus.

You missed my point. Since looking at committee-info isn't as easy as looking at a web site
many people asking questions are unaware who the committee members are. Since your name is
publicly visable you effectively become the only "official" voice.

>> 3. I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what "hats" there are besides VP of
Legal and Legal Committee member.