www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [LEGAL-67] Who We Are, Legal Affairs
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2010 08:10:15 GMT
On 3/6/2010 1:31 AM, Ralph Goers wrote:

> You missed my point. Since looking at committee-info isn't as easy as looking at a web
site many people asking questions are unaware who the committee members are. Since your name
is publicly visable you effectively become the only "official" voice.

And perhaps you miss Sam's.  Anyone who would willingly become the legal voice
of the ASF without appropriate financial commiseration is a fool.  Sam is the
appointed voice of the foundation and the foundation backs him and his committee
with what resources it can.  Any further public identification of the legal
representatives and committee representatives, except for publicly disclosed
officers and legal counsel, works against such individuals' interests.